My top five pieces of dialogue from January’s cinema offerings.
The most tedious month of the year is finally over. I’ve been pretty active in my cinema-going this month and have managed to see a total of ten different films, ranging from the average to the awards-worthy. Here are my five favourite quotes that have stuck with me most from this months viewing…
“That’s the thing with old people. You can push them down the stairs and pretend it was an accident, but you can’t just shoot ’em”
– Kurt Russell’s bounty hunter John Ruth says it like it is in The Hateful Eight
“He’s so transparent in his self interest that I kinda respect him”
– Mark Buam (Steve Carrell) assesses sleazy banker Jared Venett (Ryan Gosling) in The Big Short
“Are you four?”
– Steve Carrell gives everyone Michael Scott flashbacks in The Big Short
“They knew and they let it happen….It coulda been you, it coulda been me, it coulda been any of us!”
– Mark Ruffalo shows why he received a Best Supporting Actor nomination for his turn as journalist Michael Rezendes in Spotlight
“Such tremendous effort…for such modest returns”
– Michael Caine gives his best performance in years as a retired composer in Youth
What are your top quotes for the month? Let me know in the comments section!